The Rideau Bridge to Canada Benefit Golf Tournament is coming back!
September 20, 2019
Rolling Greens Golf Club (formerly Lombard Glen Golf and Country Club)
In June 2017 and after about 17 months of fundraising, hard work and waiting, Rideau Bridge to Canada volunteers welcomed their Syrian family to Merrickville. Since their arrival, the Erhayel family of six has successfully settled into our community. They are now financially self-sufficient, are progressing in learning English, and the children are doing well at school. In short, the nightmare experience of escaping their home city of Daraa is long behind them, and they all have a promising future. When asked what they liked best in Canada, one of the younger children replied, “no bombs”.
Sadly the crisis in Syria continues. Rideau Bridge is now starting fundraising to bring a second Syrian refugee family to our area to offer safety and the opportunities that we take for granted in Canada. We are joined by Holy Trinity Anglican church (Merrickville) as a co-sponsor in this effort.
Rideau Bridge Benefit Golf Tournaments held in 2016 and 2017 were very successful in raising awareness and funds, and everyone involved had fun. This year you can participate:
- As a Tournament Major sponsor
- As a Hole or Game sponsor
- By joining us to play golf on September 20
- By pledging donations to the golf players
- By donating prizes or items for our Silent Auction on the day of the Tournament.
You can download the form to register here
You can download the hole sponsorship form here
You can download the tournament sponsorship form here
Photos from the 2018 Tournament
Golf Tournament Payments
To pay the fees ($65):
Either: send an e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org and state that is for the fees and which team
Or: write a cheque to ‘Rideau Bridge to Canada’ with ‘golf fees’ in the information/memo line and send or submit to Gwendy Hall, 110 Aaron Merrick Drive, Merrickville, K0G 1N0;
Or: give a cheque or cash to your team leader who will pass it on to Gwendy Hall.
We can take in individual payments on the day of the tournament but that could be somewhat chaotic so the options above are much preferred. There is no tax receipt given for the fees, unlike donations below.
Sponsors of the tournament and holes and those giving pledges in support of players
– Go to the ‘DONATE’ button on the Donate page. Under Option 2, click on ‘Rideau Bridge to Canada’ in the pulldown menu and proceed. You will receive an income tax receipt via email from OCF. Please send an email to email@example.com so she can record your donation. If you do not want to pay online, you may send a cheque to OCF (address below) but please indicate which fund (Rideau Bridge) you are supporting and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org identifying what the money is for (tournament, hole or pledge)
Ottawa Community Foundation
75 Albert St., Suite 301
Ottawa, ON K1P 5E7
- Alternatively, you may send a cheque made out to ‘Ottawa Community Foundation’ with ‘Rideau Bridge to Canada’ on the memo line to Gwendy Hall, 110 Aaron Merrick Drive, Merrickville, K0G 1N0 and she will send it on to OCF for an income tax receipt for you (include your email address).
- Those pledging support for a golf player also have the choice of giving the pledge to the player, should they not need a tax receipt, and they will submit it to the Treasurer.